December 23rd 2011 by Ellora’s Cave, 102 pages
Historical Romance; Erotic Romance
When charm and persuasion fail…only seduction remains…
On the night of her betrothal, Lydia Trent receives just a taste of what ecstasy will be at the hands of her fiancé…and then he leaves her wanting. After waiting six years, and tired of being neglected by her exceedingly reluctant husband-to-be, Lydia decides to break it off.
When Marcus, Lord Russell, receives Lydia’s letter requesting a release from their contract, he is stunned by her audacity. Confident he’ll have her eating out of his hand with his usual wit and charm, he’s determined to repair the damage. However, the headstrong woman she’s blossomed into is equally determined to thwart his every effort to win her back.
Marcus discovers, in spite of her conviction to end the union, Lydia is more responsive to his touch than he ever imagined. He just needs to get her alone to unleash the promised passion he sees within his wanton virgin. Marcus will use any tool in his arsenal to exploit her weakness—his kisses, his hands, his mouth…her own body. In short, he’ll just have to ruin her!
→Opinion | A talented and skilled author who knows her plot and how to create tasteful sexy scenes. This isn’t a story focused on the sexual acts between the characters, but much more, a story about the hero and heroine’s life. She’s created a novella with a lot of depth, and it’s only her debut title! I expect great things to come from Victoria Vane!
1. The Couple |They’re so good together, she’s so witty and he’s so full of himself! I love it when they have to battle against their own personalities in order to let themselves fall in love.
2. The Setting | Loved the setting, the little details about dresses, politics and how much attention Victoria put into creating it.
3. An Important Event | The carriage scene when they’re travelling….
4. Other | Pacing was great, the last couple of chapters weren’t necessary but something I felt the author needed to write, as she came from historic fiction. It was a highly satisfactory ending for a full length novel, or novella, so we don’t feel left out because the author has a specific amount or pages, nor she rushed around to delay the ending.
• Who is it for? Historical romance readers looking for a spicy read!
• Author: “A lover of history and deeply romantic stories, Victoria combines these elements to craft romantic historical novellas for a mature reading audience.”
♦ What it covers: Rekindled Love
♦ Extra: Read an excerpt
♦ Question(s): How far would you go to earn forgiveness?
Sexual Content: 5/5
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I have given this book The Pen Award- Given to authors with beautiful writing.
You can also read my interview with Emery Lee, AKA Victoria Vane, here! To enter the giveaway for A Breach Of Promise, go here (ends jan 17th)!