Click here to find all the posts about this challenge!
<div align="center"><a href="http://wp.me/P27N1w-1EQ" title="reading romances reading challenge 2013"><img src="http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7079/challenge2013.png" alt="reading romances reading challenge 2013" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
The Reading Romances Challenge is not about the amount of books you read, but the variety of titles you’ll have read when the challenge is over! Our goal is to read a bit of everything in the romance bookish world and open our minds to new books we wouldn’t usually read.
The Reading Romances Challenge 2013 will focus on Classic Romance plot lines settings and themes this year!
If you are an author and want to contribute with prizes, please email me.
You can commit to read a number of books for this challenge during the year:
- Level 1: 1-3 books
- Level 2: 4-6 books
- Level 3: 7-9 books
- Level 4 : 10-12 books
- Level 5: 13-15 books
- Level 6: 16+ books
Or you might rather commit to read per month:
- Romance Reader – 1 book per month
- Romance Lover- 2 or 3 books per month
- Romance Addicted – 4 or 5 books per month
JAN: Marry me? – Marriage of convenience. An arranged or forced marriage leads to love.
FEB: Foreigners do it better! – Greek, italian, spanish, french, brazilian, russians, sheiks! No English or North American heroes.
MAR: The Avengers – Man uses woman for blackmail, revenge, kidnapped, seduced etc .OR May The Games Begin! – two people fighting for the same prize and only one can win.
APR: Beauty and the Beast – one of the main characters is physically marred in some way or a wounded hero, emotionally tortured.
MAY: Summer Lovin’ – a couple is stranded together and the enforced intimacy leads to more. OR Nursing Back to Health – hero or heroine is injured or near death and the other saves his/her life by nursing back to health.
JUN: Who do you think you are? – One of a couple isn’t who he or she appears to be on the surface or pretending to be someone else or disguised.
JUL: I’m BACK for good! – Reunited Lovers. Second chance or a first love rekindled story.
AUG : Traditional or not! – time travel romance or a book with a love triangle.
SEP: Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do? – opposites attract. This can also be reversed with a bad girl/good boy.
OCT: In Love with my Best Friend – a friendship leads to more. OR Beta Male Fest! – any romance featuring a beta or gama male.
NOV: Romeo and Juliet – a class difference sets a couple apart.
DEC: Cinderella – rags to riches or riches to rags.
- The 2013 Reading Romances Challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need to have a blog. Feel free to sign-up in the comments – you can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, Librarything, Shelfari etc). If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site, please include your name and a link to your shelf.
- The topics for each month are posted above so you can schedule ahead!
- You can list your books before reading them (by leaving a comment on the post with the topics for that month) or just put them in a wrap-up post and link each month. If you list them, don’t feel obligated to read them, changes are welcomed! Please identify the books you’ve reviewed in your wrap up post each month so that I may easily add up your entries for the prize drawing! Track all of your challenge accomplishments, the good and bad.
- Sign up in the linky bellow and add the direct link to your post about joining the Reading Romances Challenge. If you don’t have a blog, please link it to the page where you post your reviews (Goodreads, Shelfari, Amazon etc).
- You don’t have to participate every month, but please try to!
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- You can read the same author more than once and the books can be old or new, but they must be read during the course of the challenge.
- Books used in this challenge may be used in other challenges.
- Books can be in any format – paper, audio, ebook.
- Post the button to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun!
At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews for that month. If you forget, feel free to add your reviews in the following month. It can be something simple and short, please don’t worry about it! For each review you link up, you will get one entry in the monthly giveaways and in the challenge giveaways! Winners will be posted on the next month’s challenge post.
There will be monthly giveaways during the year for everyone who is actively participating on the challenge. There might be special giveaway by the end of the year, so don’t give up!
Write a starting post joining the challenge and outlining your challenges. Post your name and the direct link to your challenge post (or shelf link, amazon page) in the Linky bellow: