Reading Romances Challenge 2012
The Reading Romances Challenge is not about the amount of books you read, but the variety of titles you’ll have read when the challenge is over! Our goal is to read a bit of everything related to romance and open our minds to new genres we wouldn’t usually read.
- The 2012 Reading Romances Challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need to have a blog. Feel free to sign-up in the comments – you can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, Librarything, Shelfari etc).
- I’ll post a list of romance sub-genres and a few cool themes for you to choose on the first day of each month (you can read all of them or just a couple).
- You can list your books before reading them (by leaving a comment on the post with the topics for that month) or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, don’t feel obligated to read them, changes are welcomed!
- Sign up in the linky bellow and add the direct link to your post about joining the Reading Romances Challenge. If you don’t have a blog, please link it to the page where you post your reviews (Goodreads, Shelfari, Amazon etc).
- You don’t have to participate every month, but please try to!
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- I will never tell you to read one specific author, but I might suggest a few titles and authors to give you some ideas.
- You can read the same author more than once and the books can be old or new, but they must be read during the course of the challenge.
- Books used in this challenge may be used in other challenges.
- Books can be in any format – paper, audio, ebook.
- Post the button to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun!
At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews for that month. If you forget, feel free to add your reviews in the following month. It can be something simple and short, please don’t worry about it! For each review you link up, you will get one entry in the monthly giveaways and in the special giveaway at the end of the year. The drawing for the winners will be LIVE during the Book Blogger Chat at the end of the month and will be posted on the next day with the new challenge.
There will be monthly giveaways during the year for everyone who is actively participating on the challenge. There might be special giveaway by the end of the year for those who read all (or most of) the topics during each month . If you are an author and want to contribute with prizes, please contact me.
Sign up for the 2012 Reading Romances Challenge! Please use the direct URL to the post where you state that you’ll participate in the challenge.